To apply for admission to the Neonatal Nursing Master’s Degree online, complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university and have a minimum of 2 years full-time, RN-level practice experience in a level three neonatal intensive care unit prior to the beginning of clinical practicum course.
- A personal statement from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded).
- Three letters of reference from individuals who can address the candidate’s potential for success (uploaded). At least one letter of recommendation should be provided from a former nursing faculty member or other academic source.
- Current resume (uploaded).
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official college transcript(s) mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from students previous education experience at UConn are not required.
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test.
- When completing the application form, select Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (MS and DNP only) as the program name.
- The GRE and Residence Affidavit are not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- After you apply, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to:
- University of Connecticut
- The Graduate School
- Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student’s file is complete.
Please submit materials no later than:
- July 15: Fall Semester
- November 15: Spring Semester
- April 15: Summer Semester
Applications submitted after designated deadlines will be considered on a space available basis until enrollment caps are reached, or, considered for admission to the following semester.
If you have any questions on how to use the Hobson’s Apply Yourself online application system, please contact The Graduate School at 860-486-3617.
International Students: This program is a part-time or full-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective.